Seek immediate medical attention. If you are hurt in any manner, it is very critical that you receive immediate treatment for your injuries. Even if you walk away from the accident, you should follow up with a doctor, especially if your automobile is severely damaged. If for any reason you are unable to make arrangements with a medical doctor, a personal injury attorney can refer you to a doctor that will work on a lien.